Khabor Wala Desk
Published: 15th November 2025, 3:42 AM
Although the influential British media outlet BBC has apologized to U.S. President Donald Trump, he has stated that he will proceed with legal action against the organization.
Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday evening (14 November), Trump said that next week they will file a lawsuit seeking one to five billion dollars against the BBC.
He also mentioned that he will discuss the matter with British Prime Minister Keir Starmer.
In a BBC documentary, Trump’s speech was edited in such a way that it appeared he was inciting violence. After the issue came to light, the organization apologized, stating that BBC chairman Samir Shah had sent a letter to the White House clearly expressing regret for the way Trump’s remarks were cut and arranged in the Panorama program. They further said the documentary would no longer be shown on any platform.
According to the BBC, “We sincerely apologize for the way the video clip was edited. However, we do not believe there is any basis for a defamation claim.”
Earlier this week, Trump’s lawyers warned the BBC that if they did not withdraw the edited remarks, apologize, and provide compensation, they would face a one-billion-dollar lawsuit.
Amid the controversy, BBC Director-General Tim Davie and News Chief Deborah Turness resigned last week.
Source: BBC
Khaborwala/TSN
Comments